MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

11 Week Old Blue Quaker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 54_white

54_white

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Hello this is my first quaker its a blue and a beauty. He is pretty quite I have had him or her 2 weeks now. My buddy has a qreen and it never hushes chirping and its only 2 weeks older. Are the green more vocal than the blue? I don't care if he talks just chirps. His diet is Harrisons pellets. Any advise is helpful.

#2 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Welcome! smile.png Each Quaker parrot has a unique personality, no matter what color feathers he or she wears. biggrin.png Blue Quakers aren't necessarily quieter than green ones. My QP Ralph is green, and is pretty quiet. Two weeks isn't a lot of time, so your QP may still be settling in and adjusting to his new home. Parrots are usually quieter when they've recently moved into a new home.

Talk to your Quaker a lot-- sing to him and read to him too. That may encourage him to be more vocal. He may eventually learn to say a few words too.

#3 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

I had Shah for 3 weeks before he showed his "true colours" and he hasnt been quiet since smile.png

#4 54_white

54_white

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

Really is your bird the blue? I cant wait for mine to start up, How old is your quaker also I have been told that 11 weeks is a little young to chirp a lot.

#5 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

Shah is 9 years old and green - I got him at 5 months from a petshop.  He picked me - I certainly wasnt looking for a bird.  He was such a wonderful creature for 3 weeks - so nice and friendly to everyone - no biting or screaming.  And then a light switched on and he really went for it.  He hasnt been quiet since - unless he is sulking.  Give your bird a little time to settle in and get used to the routine - you will become a quaker slave before you know it laugh.png