MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Ralph's Latest Obsession

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

For years, Clyde has made a sound when I sneeze that I took to be a disapproving squawk because he didn't like the noise. Then Jade started doing it. She's a better mimic than Clyde is, and I realized that they're copying my sneeze. I do it, they do it, usually so close behind me doing it that it's almost one long sound. LOL And of course it's fine for them to make fun of my sneeze but if THEY sneeze and I copy THAT, I get very ugly stink eye. 

• Cindi&Jeriel likes this

#22 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

When Ralph first came home with me, my loud, strong sneezes scared him. ohmy.png I taught him an imitation sneeze, and try to warn him in advance when I have to sneeze (this being allergy season for me, that's quite often mad.gif ). So now he doesn't fly back to his cage squawking when I sneeze. Instead, he does his little imitation sneeze, a delicate choo-choo sound, nothing like my sneezes, but it makes Ralph happy. laugh.png

• Cindi&Jeriel likes this

#23 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

And making the Quaker happy is, we all know, our reason for living. Because, if Quaker ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. 

#24 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

And making the Quaker happy is, we all know, our reason for living. Because, if Quaker ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. 

laugh.png laugh.pnglaugh.png