MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Hi, I'm Harley

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Harley Quaker

Harley Quaker

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:13 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the Quaker forum and a proud owner of a 6 month old Blue Quaker named Harley. I adopted Harley about two months ago after years of admiring and researching different parrot species. Harley loves to take his daly shower/outside time and then topping it off with some millet  while watching the wild birds flying up to the patio feeder. Right now, we are working on saying his name clearly. He tries to experiment with different chirps/mumbles/syllables but he still can't seem to form the right word. I'm looking for any ideas/tips/suggestions that might help Harley talk a little more clearly. 

I'm really glad I found this website where other Quaker lovers can talk anything and everything…. Quaker! 

Attached Files

• Bettyboop likes this

#2 Bettyboop

Bettyboop

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

WELCOME ABOARD,

I AM SURE YOU WILL GET HELP WITH WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.

GLAD YOU AND HARLEY HAVE FOUNDED THE  QP SITE

#3 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Just keep talking to Harley and repeating his name, in context with what you're saying. He'll get it eventually, and will probably start saying it so often you'll wonder why you wanted him to learn it. smile.png

And welcome to the Forum!

#4 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

Welcome to you and Harley! smile.png

The best way to encourage a parrot to talk is to talk a lot to them-- and use words and phrases appropriately. Speak his name clearly, and use it  in ways that will help him recognize that it's his name. Eventually, those mumbles may develop into some understandable words.