MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Corner Cages

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jean from SC

Jean from SC

Adv Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

Has anyone ever had a corner cage?  i was thinking about getting new cages for my 3 babies (ages 6, 7 and 1 1/2)  and thought this wouldn't take up so much room.  I know as long as the bar spacing is 5/8 I figured it would be OK.  My quakers never go to the bottom of their cage.  Just was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these corner cages?

#2 easttex

easttex

Adv Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

I've never tried one, but have always been a little intrigued by them. It strikes me as an efficient use of space. I would be tempted to jam one right up against the walls, which I don't do with a regular cage, and I don't know how much I would like that. If you have enthusiastic flingers of food, it might complicate cleanup a little. If you try one, I hope you'll write about it.

#3 Jean from SC

Jean from SC

Adv Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

I'll let you know.  I think I'll order it and give it a try.  My fids are always out of their cages so I don't think being against a wall would matter to them.  They are really good when it comes to food, no flingers in this house!!  As long as the top is flat so they can be up on it to play. it'll be OK.  I think it was Dr. Foster & Smith's where I saw one at a great price.  I'll let you know.

#4 Bene_Gesserit

Bene_Gesserit

Adv Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

I think it would be a good idea to make sure the cage doesn't touch the walls.  Chewers have been known to chew walls, and it's a real pain to replace drywall.

#5 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

I have a couple of pooper shooters so any wall they're near turns into a cleaning job. LOL 

• Bene_Gesserit and easttex like this

#6 easttex

easttex

Adv Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

Pooper shooters, what fun! I have food flingers. Allie the CAG likes to toss tidbits out to the dog. I suspect it's less generosity and more that she likes controlling things. Peppy flings his food, too, but I think he's trying to tell me he doesn't want the pellets I'm trying to switch him to. He doesn't seem to want to fling the cooked stuff I give him, so his mess is not bad. The dog is as good as a Hoover, for the most part.

#7 Bene_Gesserit

Bene_Gesserit

Adv Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

When Happy is mad at me, I swear she aims the poo at me.  I've turned into a quick dodger, Siobhan!