MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Chewing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Allie

Allie

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

How do I get my Perseus to stop chewing my clothes, hair, and earrings when he is on me? He pinches me by accident trying to get to my bra strap! I try to give him something like paper to focus on, but he quickly goes back to my clothes. I accidentally screech out of pain and he stops for a minute but then he gets more flustered. So, I put him back on his perch. Any thoughts? 

#2 easttex

easttex

Adv Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Couple of thoughts here.  Birds can come to enjoy the drama they are able to create.  Even what you think of as negative attention can be loads of fun for them.  Obviously, not reacting when your bird chomps on you is easier said than done.  You've already tried redirecting his attention, so I think removing him temporarily is pretty much what you are left with.  When he gets too enthusiastic, calmly remove him to his perch, and leave him there for a few minutes before trying again. 

On the other hand, the path of least resistance might be to rethink what you are wearing when you have Perseus on you, and work around it.  smile.png