MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Hot Bird, Relapsed Personality

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Seraffa

Seraffa

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Well, both Pauly and I can't get to a doctor right now but I wonder if hormonal birds get a raised body temperature. Ive added yogurt to her food and trying to hydrate her more by adding pineapple juice to her water. No matter what I do unless I'm petting her she screams bit hes and carries on as if we had never met before. Its a week since I first brought her home. I got so frustrated that I threw her blanket over her cage and told her to rest and start behaving better. She is definitely acting like a suck child but has energy to move around quite a bit. Her cage is finally clean and I can't tell if shes cleansing from all the filth she used to live in or if shes mad that someone actually knows how to deal with her without hitting and screaming back, etc...sometimes she will sing for me now but in a split second she absolutely flips like jeckl and hyde!

#2 easttex

easttex

Adv Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

I don't know of any link to hormonal behavior and fever. While excessive screaming can sometimes be linked to seasonal hormones, it's not the first thing I would think of. In my experience, you are more likely to see increased affection, directed at a person or sometimes an object, though a bird might also become more protective of its cage. She is so new to you that it would be hard to judge what is normal for her. If you think she has a fever, she really needs to see a vet. Birds are very good at hiding illness.