MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Pauly And I Sensitive To Allergens - He Imitates Whining Puppy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Seraffa

Seraffa

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

I thought Pauly might have been around a puppy but I think I'm wrong.

Everyone in the household started on Zupreem plain pellets today and the 1 year old Conures have been munching for 30 minutes straight - like they can't get enough! I have separated them into 2 cages to get them used to focusing on me as handler, instead of one another all the time.

Our windows are closed and filters are on the AC but there's nothing I can do about this homeowner's old windows which have some cracks and crevices. Just a few minutes ago my own sinuses have started to itch and burn, and apparently, so are Pauly's. He started at the same time. What he does is grab one leg with claws up into his face and whimper and pant just like a puppy, then hop on the other foot and grab the other leg and whimper and pant - like he's being attacked by fleas! He is on my shoulder now but because of discomfort, refuses to face me or the computer. 

Suggestions?

Work orders are pouring in my inbox, and I planned on starting him clicker training today. Now I don't know whether we're starting or not unsure.png but I've kept the birds on sleep and wake up schedule, time together in the yard in their cages in the fresh air, and morning breakfast between us all. The music is on the radio but its always when we're inside that these doggone allergens begin at midday!

#2 easttex

easttex

Adv Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

You could try an air purifier. I have some from Rabbit Air, but there are many different manufacturers.