MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

2 New Blue Quakers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 davey

davey

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hello

I have 2 blue Quakers in my aviary. But all they do is squawk allday. and both scared of me they fly around me sqwaking when I am in the aviary or even when I go near the flight when I let them out no one can go up to the aviary to see them they just sqwark and walk away to the top out of site . How do I tame them to come to me and stop that horrible sqwarking so people can go up to the aviary with out them been scared of flying away

Hop someone can help me

#2 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hi Davey, and welcome to the forum!

How long have you had them, and how old are they?  It would help if you could put them in seperate cages and work with them individually, just make sure that they can still see each other (housed next to each other).  

If they are housed together in a large flight, they most likely will look to each other for company and ignore you.  It sounds like this is what is happening.

Once they are used to you (step up dependably, take food from your hand - and eat it, for example), and this could take some time, you might be able to put them back in the aviary together, but you will still need to work with them individually to reinforce (and hopefully increase) your bonds with them.

I hope this helps!  I would encourage you to come over to the new forum at www.quakerparrotforum.com if you haven't already.  This forum will be made read-only soon.

#3 davey

davey

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Hi thanks for ur reply

I got them from a petshop in April . Got told there a true breeding pair. There just over a year old. Ones more quiet then the other. Think the noisier one is the male . There so noisey. Was thinking about getting rid of them. But I like the look there a nice Bird
Hi thanks for ur reply

I got them from a petshop in April . Got told there a true breeding pair. There just over a year old. Ones more quiet then the other. Think the noisier one is the male . There so noisey. Was thinking about getting rid of them. But I like the look there a nice Bird

#4 msdani1981

msdani1981

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

Yeah, if they're a bonded breeding pair they most likely won't interact with you.  If you choose to rehome them, make it clear that they are bonded to each other, but the female has not laid any eggs while you've had them (so you don't know if they are proven).

Good luck!

#5 davey

davey

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

How much do you think I will get for them

#6 msdani1981

msdani1981

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

I don't know...I just did a search and found an ad for two proven pairs...one was for a blue female and green male in Bolton, Lancashire asking 300 pounds and the other was for two greens in Desborough, Northants asking 199 pounds.  There's another proven pair, blue male and green female in Gloucester, Gloucestershire asking 320 pounds.

So you can get a rough idea.  Since yours aren't proven I'd ask a little less.  I hope this helps.

Okay, since I see you made the switch to the new forum I'm going to lock this thread. :)